What is Chicago Craft Beer Week?
It’s a celebration of the greater Chicagoland area and the craft brewers and breweries that make us awesome. It is sponsored by the Illinois Craft Brewers’ Guild and is planned and staffed by volunteers from throughout the craft beer community
How do you take part in Chicago Craft Beer Week (CCBW)?
Log on to chibeerweek.com/submit after March 15, register your bar/restaurant, create events and offer a $4 craft beer special throughout the duration of Craft Beer Week (May 16-26, 2013)
Who can participate in CCBW?
Any bar, restaurant, pub or liquor store that serves craft beer and meets the following criteria
- $4 craft beer available throughout the week
- Craft on tap for at least a year before start of CCBW
- Agree to ICBG Terms of Service, which are posted on the chibeerweek.com website
- Clean Draft Lines
What qualifies as an EVENT?
An event has a specific date and time. If you’d like to offer an on-going special, it will be classified as such.
Events can fall into the categories of:
- Tap Takeover
- Beer Tasting
- Beer Launch
- Beer Release
- Beer Dinner
- Meet the Brewer
How do I get people to come to my event?
- Post the event on the CCBW website, which makes it searchable through both the site and the CCBW app.
- Talk with your local breweries to create interesting events with them
- Promote your event through your website, social media, etc. (hashtag #CCBW)
- Plan fun events!
The Illinois Craft Brewers Guild is a non-profit organization founded in 1997 dedicated to promote the development and expansion of the craft beer industry in Illinois.